Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rendezvous Ck again - 3 Jul



With the Tour starting tonight and only five days til I set off, getting a serious training climb on the weekend was a must. Last night's weather was atrocious and I awoke at 6am to find fog, rain and freezing conditions. No way I could ride out to the Namadgi peaks, so I decided to sit pretty and go with a local contingency if the weather came good. By midday the sun was out and the temp was up, so I went with Plan A and drove out to near Top Nas. Boboyan Valley looked a picture, even if the headwind was a bit disconcerting. Got in about 2hrs40min of riding and 1200m of climbing over 50km. Pretty happy with that as it included Fitz's at 10.5 gradient and several other pinches of similar grade. Only one other cyclist to be seen and the road was very quiet, if still wet and hairy in a few places. Now its a couple more rides and the final prep for travel. I'd love to stay up and watch the tour start but I need my sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Phil, but don't forget to pack. Lisa

    ReplyDelete