Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Grand Depart - 8 July


And now for the Grand Depart...the pros already have 4 days of bone crunching, lung busting, high cadence mania behind them, but now I'm about to join the fray with my own depart. After 12 months of prep, over 6,000 kms of cycling and the exploration of many peaks (Charlottes, Buller, Lofty, Kangaroo Valley, Fitz, Honeysuckle, Corin, Black Mtn and Ainslie to name a few), its off to the high climbs of the French Alps and then the Pyrenees. In the process, I've managed to lose 9.5kg and gain some climbing legs. Many thanks to all my riding buddies along the way and my 'support' team at home and work. Many have passed on best wishes and I am inspired to give it my best shot. Stay posted for regular updates on the life of a 'domestique' on the alternative Tour De France.

2 comments:

  1. Allez! Allez! Allez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon jour and best of luck. Be sure to suck in the great scenery - and lots of that mountain air! To get there is a victory, so now make the most of the experience and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete