Sunday, June 27, 2010

Three peaks plus - 26 June

With precious training time ticking away, I decided on a very cold Canberra Saturday to stay close to home and climb the local summits. So, it was a couple of repeats up Black Mtn, a climb of Mt Ainslie and then a quick ascent of Mt Pleasant to finish things off. The summit roads were still wet in parts late in the afternoon even though the rain had stopped overnight - just to add a bit hairiness to the descents. I got some photos at long last of each of the summits, including my first video. All in the name of practice! And given the momentous week in politics, I thought I'd take one early shot across Julia's bow. Anyway, 2hrs 15mins, 860m of climbing and top speed of descent 68km/hr later, it was back home to a warm shower and get ready for tomorrow's ride.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil,

    I sent you a comment a minute ago but it appears to have disappeared. I try again:
    Have a great start tomorrow, wonderful rides throughout and a magnificent finish.

    I will watch this space so please send some lines and photos whenever you can.

    Pedal hard! Best wishes, love, Susanna

    ReplyDelete